Where Are All The Writing Prompts?

If someone asked me the question in the title of this post, my first answer would be Life—moving, breathing, blooming, careening writing prompts

Then, I might direct them to these four past posts:

The Most Important Writing Prompt In The World?

All Kinds of Writing Prompts . . .

More Writing Prompts . . .

Is Pink Floyd’s “The Wall” An Extended Writing Prompt?

That last link is particularly appropriate today since I’m going to propose that the music of Björk is ripe with writing prompts.

And, not only her music, since the first video below is Björk talking—explaining how a TV works :-)

So, I suppose another genre of writing prompt is singers talking about how stuff works

The second video is a documentary about Björk.

In that documentary, she says that all her songs are stories.

So, if you watch the second video and don’t come away with at least one solid writing prompt, you might want to reconsider calling yourself a writer :-)

To Leave A Comment, Use The Link At The Top-Right of The Post :-)
* Google Author Page

GRAB A FREE COPY of Notes from An Alien

Select as many as you like:

6 responses to “Where Are All The Writing Prompts?

1. Jane Watson December 9, 2013 at 6:05 pm

I found this very inspiring :-) I was inspired by this young woman who seems to be able to express her creativity without being tied down by society’s expectations – she seems to have found her own authentic voice… something that all writers must surely yearn for in the depths of their soul :-)… and yes it did prompt me to start to write one of my own stories:-)

• Alexander M Zoltai December 9, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Excellent, Jane—hope you share that story when you’re done :-)

Also, I feel future historians will ponder Björk’s influence on society for many centuries

2. Sean Berry December 9, 2013 at 7:17 pm

I couldn’t watch all of the TV video because it made me cringe for fear of the potential life-threatening electrocution one could get from poking around the back of a TV, even when it is off. Anyway, I’m a writer at heart and am working to become a bonafide writer. It’s obvious to any creative person were ideas come from. Only a person that lives completely in the left side of their brain would ask a question like “Where do you get your ideas?” It’s curiosity and inquisitiveness to put it plainly. I keep a collection of pictures with sayings that I find motivational on my computer and one of my favorites says: “The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.”

• Alexander M Zoltai December 9, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Thank you for your comment, Sean.

Concerning those folks who dwell mostly in the left side of their brains, they more than likely constitute a large percentage of our readers :-)

And, that’s a Great Quote—able to offer an attribution?

• Sean Berry December 10, 2013 at 7:02 pm

You’re probably right about left-brained folks.
        When I found the quote it did not have anyone attributed to it, but after a quick search on Google it appears it is from Dorothy Parker.

• Alexander M Zoltai December 10, 2013 at 7:25 pm

Aha, Sean—thanks for the possible attribution :-)