Why All Writers “Should” Consider Having A Google Plus Account . . .

I normally don’t like to tell anyone they “should” do something

But

If

You’re a writer and you produce content on the Web, you “should” get a Google Plus account.

And, a “maybe should” is:

If you’re a writer and you don’t produce Web content, perhaps you “should”

Back in February, I wrote a post called, Google Plus and The Author Platform.

That post linked to a CopyBlogger post that gave some good reasons to use Google Plus to build online Authorial Authority.

But, CopyBlogger has a whole series of posts that explore the power and future of Author Rank.

Here are links to five of them:

Why Hunter S. Thompson Would’ve Loved Author Rank (And Why You Should, Too)

How Google’s PageRank Algorithm Screwed the Online Writer (and What They Did to Fix It)

Seven Ways Writers Can Build Online Authority with Google+

Why Google+ Is the Best Social Platform for Content Marketers

10 Reasons Writers Should Claim Their Google Authorship Markup

And, if you get to the bottom of the fifth one, you’ll see that the series has yet another post coming :-)

[ EDIT: that six post was published---The Writer’s Author Rank Cheat Sheet ]
* Google Author Page

7 responses to “Why All Writers “Should” Consider Having A Google Plus Account . . .

1. writerlauren March 18, 2013 at 4:24 am

Thank you, this is really helpful. I have a Google+ account, but I’ve been struggling as to how to use it and how to encourage others to interact with it. Thank you for the tips and links! xx

• Alexander M Zoltai March 18, 2013 at 5:18 am

Oh, my, Lauren, I’m So glad the post was helpful for you :-)

2. penpusherpen March 18, 2013 at 6:48 am

I have to admit, Alexander, that I don’t use my Google+.. ‘cos for some reason I can’t get to grips with how it works… I have updates shown from you and another contact Debbie, but for some reason I find I get myself tied in knots about the ‘circles’… It takes me ages catching up on WordPress and (excuse no.1 coming) I have a short fuse if something is not straightforward. so Google+ has taken a backseat (excuse no 2)..until I can get my brain in gear. I shall follow the links above and woe betide you if I finally learn something… ;-) Time waiteth for no man, (woman or child) and I’m time deficient at the mo… Good to see you and catch up again sometime.. Now where are those links?…. xPenx

• Alexander M Zoltai March 18, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Whoot !!

Well said, Fair Lady :-)

3. Barbara Blackcinder March 18, 2013 at 10:29 am

With nearly the same excuses as penpusherpen, I haven’t found the key to using WordPress either. I get lost and never return to the page I was looking for in the first place, if I don’t miss it entirely. :-(

• Alexander M Zoltai March 18, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Yes, Barb, digital tech can be hard to learn; but, it only needs to be mastered if one proposes to leave a viable “footprint” in the digital Space

Also, I’m only using about 10% of the digital communication options available—I don’t want to be the Master of Ceremonies at the Digital Ball—I just want to have a few meaningful conversations :-)

4. Pingback: More On Why Google Plus Is Important for Writers . . . | Notes from An Alien