A Post Full of Questions About Blogs. . .

What do you like to see in blogs?

Why do you read them?

Do you relax when reading them or do they stir you up?

What’s you favorite kind of blog?

Are blogs a “form” of writing?

Will blogs ever attain classic-status like books?

What do you think motivates a blogger to persist even when very few folks comment?

Do blogs have to have pictures to be interesting?

Do you have a blog?

Have you had a blog in the past?

Are you contemplating having a blog?

What tips on blogging do you think worthy of sharing?

What’s the best blog you’ve ever visited?

Do you leave comments on blogs?

Are blogs a form of social media?

Has a blog post ever “saved” you from doing something stupid or dangerous?

Has a blog ever “enlightened” you?

Have you ever cried while reading a blog?

When you like a blog post, does that make you explore the depths of the blog—the sections beyond the daily posts?

Where did the word “blog” come from?

Have you ever watched someone “live-blog”?

Will blogs ever fall “out of fashion”?

Do blogs make an important contribution to the betterment of society?

Do many of these questions make you want to answer, “It depends on the blog.”?

Do you feel like you’d like to answer some of these questions in the Comments?

Will you answer one of them in the Comments?

If you want to make a comment but don’t, what holds you back?

8 responses to “A Post Full of Questions About Blogs. . .

1. martinaseveckepohlen June 29, 2012 at 10:21 am

What a lot of questions, Alexander. Since my mind keeps wandering from my work this afternoon ;-) I will answer some of them. I like to see interesting topics, little advertising and I hate useless widgets that take loading time. I read for information, learning, and because I listen to other people’s coversations (I’m sorry, I do). I think several forms of writing are developing, depending on the type of blog. Blogs are a form of social media, different from facebook but still social and often deeper. The number of comments doesn’t matter so much, the quality is important, the social element. And for some people their message is so important that they don’t care if nobody comments. There’s a German blog I’ve regularly read since 2008. There are never any comments and I don’t dare, I don’t feel competent. I have never cried, but often almost cried. I generally explore a blog because I like to know who is talking to me. Oh, and I read somewhere blog is short for web-log. I don’ t know if it’s true but I like to think of the MSS Enterprise :-)

• Alexander M Zoltai June 29, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Martina,

How Delightful to find so many answers :-)

I’m a bit surprised about what you’ve said about comments but completely understand the rationale.

And, yes, Blog is short for web-log

2. Simone Benedict June 29, 2012 at 12:18 pm

It’s a lot to think about, Alexander. I usually frequent blogs offering some information or insight I wouldn’t find elsewhere. I think I’ll spend the rest of the afternoon pondering “Has a blog post ever saved you from doing something stupid or dangerous?” That is a GOOD question! :-)

• Alexander M Zoltai June 29, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Thanks, Simone.

Do come back and share if you come up with an answer

3. Brian Andre` Kirton June 29, 2012 at 11:38 pm

It is a form of social media!, i would advise anyone to choose a niche and stick to it and write from the heart!

• Alexander M Zoltai June 30, 2012 at 11:18 am

Brian,

That’s some really solid advice :-)

4. Barbara Blackcinder June 30, 2012 at 8:51 am

So many questions Alex..,

What I like to see in blogs is intelligence, creativity, and humor.
    I see blogs as a written and sometimes, pictorial social media, one of expression, and given in return, and hopefully, but not necessarily, feedback of other opinions or viewpoints. Being an expression it does not require a response, but the social aspect of it can only be enhanced by such interaction.
    Reading anyone’s blog is always enlightening, although not always with a lofty leap. Little bits of enlightenment, sometimes in the form of a negative input, may still affect one with a positive reaction.
    This enlightenment can be elevated by following the blog, both for its creation as well as its intentions or expected direction. Thus, this enlightenment is a tool for the betterment of society at many different levels. The bigger the blog, the bigger the bang.

• Alexander M Zoltai June 30, 2012 at 11:21 am

Barbara,

I like your reference to the negative-breeds-postive enlightening.

Plus, that the enlightenment can occur across many blog posts, over time